Monday, June 13, 2011

Is John Deere married to Jane Deere?

Growing up, my family was anything but redneck. Sure we lived in a small town and did small town activities, but those activities did not include NASCAR, cow tipping or anything involving tractors or tractor accessories.

Things are a little different now.

First, my father moved out to an even more rural area which abides by the "tractor factor." Meaning that in the same way that city folk don't travel during rush hour, country folk don't travel during prime tractor time.

You can't fathom how long it takes to get somewhere when you are stuck behind a tractor going 5 mph. Trust me. And most all the tractors I've seen are John Deere.

Side note: My father may live in a rural area, but he is far from redneck. He just enjoys a simplier lifestyle, which I have to say I thoroughly enjoy myself.

Then my sister married a redneck. A legitimate redneck. We have affectionately dubbed them "The Rednecks."

Side note: My sister is a semi-legitimate redneck now, complete with a John Deere themed kitchen and dining room.


Legit rednecks. God bless them - I love them!

At Christmas a few years back, my father even bought my sister a Jane Deere sweatshirt.


That's right folks -- Jane Deere. Potential wife of John Deere, but I haven't researched their relationship status of late.

So I ask you fair readers - what is with the Southern obsession with the Deere clan? Someone please tell me, because I would love to know.

Bless her heart, I even had a friend in college who had a John Deere tattoo on her lower abdomen.

That's right. Lower Abdomen.

No comments:

Post a Comment