Thursday, June 16, 2011

Football vs. Futbol

Prepare yourself football fans. Swaddle yourself in team colors, rub your Joe Montana bobblehead and schedule an emergency therapy session because the truth is about to come out.

Soccer is better than football. Period.


Valid point.

Honestly, I've never paid much mind to football loyalists. I appreciate the intensity of the sport, which is usually less than the intensity of the fans in my experience. And I appreciate the range of skills needed and all that jazz.


Need I say more?

But at the end of the day, I've just always known that soccer was better so I kept my mouth shut and let footballers live their dream.

Until now. Now it's personal.

My nephew has a football themed nursery. My sister and I have been avid soccer players and fans since we were 5. If you do the math you will realize that something isn't adding up and that something is my brother-in-law.

A southern man and by nature a football fan. Fail.

Since the day my sister found out she was pregnant she and I have been fighting an uphill battle, arguing our case for why we think Lucas (my nephew) should play soccer.

Given all the "discussions" that have ensued I can only come up with a few plausible outcomes:
  1. He'll harness his rebel genes and play tennis just to spite us all
  2. He'll be in the 2022 World Cup in Qatar
  3. He'll play football (that is worst case scenario)
I hate to be the bearer of bad news for my brother-in-law but soccer starts a younger age than football. Bless his heart, I know someone who's getting "Soccer for Dummies" for Christmas this year.

1 comment:

  1. Ibet889 – Trang ca do bong da uy tín
    - Đăng ký tài khoản tham gia cực kỳ nhanh chóng
    - Rút nạp tiền chỉ mất 5 phút
    - Đa dạng kèo nhà cái
    - Dịch vụ hỗ trợ khách hàng 24/7
    - Chương trình khuyến mãi siêu hấp dẫn
    >>> Xem chi tiết tại : soi keo bong da

    ReplyDelete