Sunday, July 10, 2011

Home is where the rebels yell

I've been reluctant to admit it, but Georgia (specifically Savannah) is growing on me. Let's not go crazy here, Georgia and I still have plenty of issues to work out, but overall it isn't so bad.

Except for being unable to buy alcohol at all on Sunday's. I will never get over that.

In North Carolina we can buy alcohol on Sunday's after 12. I'm not sure they meant to make it that way, but that time is oddly convenient to the time church gets out. Food for thought.

North Carolina A.L.E. is locked and loaded.

But just as I thought I was starting to accept my newfound coastal lifestyle, I went home. And I attended a country music concert no less.

I walked away from that concert with two revelations. One, Tim McGraw is the George Clooney of the country music world, a.k.a. he is a hot old man. Two, I miss North Carolina so much it hurts.

There is just nothing like sitting on the lawn of a Tim McGraw, Luke Bryan and The Band Perry concert, hearing the performers talk about how great North Carolina is and then hearing an overwhelming amount of rebel yells in response.

Home sweet home.

As I weaved my way to the bathroom I passed a multitude of men with no shirt, a beer gut and work boots on. It was enough to bring a tear to my eye... especially after that $14 Strawberry Daiquiri.

Georgia has been a nice place to live for now, at this time in my life. But there is just no place quite like North Carolina.

I love it, hate it and am confused by it, but at the end of the day, bless my heart, it's my home.

I leave you to enjoy a song by North Carolina native Eric Church titled "Carolina."

No comments:

Post a Comment