Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Mountain Kind of Feeling

At work today I was researching various gated communities, so naturally I ventured to the North Carolina staples - Hound Ears, Eseeola, Linville Ridge, etc. - even thought I work in Georgia.

When I clicked on Linville Ridge's website, the photo that unfolded before me literally made my heart hurt. I thought I was going to cry. It was the most gorgeous mountain view.

I thought I was assimilating to the low country culture. Apparently not. I believe I might just be avoiding all mountain thoughts and mountain related subjects.

How can you not love this view?
(View from the Blue Ridge Parkway near Boone, NC)

There is just something about fresh mountain air, quirky mountain folk and delectable mountain eatin' that when combined creates the most peaceful experience.

I will never understand people that don't enjoy the mountains. What is there not to like? Bless their hearts, they must not be going to the right places.

No comments:

Post a Comment